Black Friday is the Friday after thanksgiving and it’s usually one of the major shopping days in the United States. The term “black Friday” was coined in the 1960s in order to mark the start of the Christmas shopping season. The day falls anywhere between November 23 and 29.
Why the day became very popular
Since many people were shopping during this time, retailers realized that they could draw big crowds by offering discounted prices on a number of items.
Since that time, specific products are usually sold at discounted prices (of up to 70% off). The retailers usually put up items for sale on the morning of Thanksgiving or email their customers lists of items that will be on sale.
How to get great black Friday deals
There are many ways on how to get great black Friday deals:
One of the most effective ways is by signing up for a number of reward plans offered by various stores. Through the plans, you will be able to earn some money while you shop. This is through points, gift certificates, coupons, and even gift cards that are usually given by store owners.
You can get the reward plans from credit cards or for free. To get the plans for free you only need to sign up and swipe your membership card every time you need to make a purchase. When you shop, the rewards stack up and you can redeem them any time.
Another way of getting great deals is by following your favorite store on Facebook or twitter. This way you will be able to know when a great offer is taking place.
Black Friday clothing predictions 2014
Since I have been tracking online and in-store sales for over five years, I can be able to come up with this year’s prognostication. My predictions are as follows:
- The best sales will take up to 70% off. This is because this has been the trend for the last three years
- The best coupons will take an extra 50% off and most of them will be stack with clearance
- The average sale will take up to 53% off
- The average coupon will take an extra 33% off
- Some of the vendors to keep an eye on are: REI, Ralph Lauren, Levi’s, Jos Bank, and back country.
- The sale of clothing will start as early as Thanksgiving or Wednesday; therefore, you need to start shopping early in order to get the best deals.
- You should avoid paying for shipping as there will be many stores offering free shipping.