Netgear WiFi range extender is booster device that help WiFi users to make the home router’s signals extend. As you know, the Netgear WiFi extender is easy to connect with the Netgear Nighthawk router or other Netgear network devices. But, now the question arise that can Netgear WiFi extender setup link to any brand WiFi router.
Here in this article, you will get answer of this above asked question. At first, we will give you straight answer in ‘YES or NO’ words. Then, we will explain why and how to link the Netgear WiFi extender. So, let’s start this informative article without wasting any more second.
Can Netgear Extender Link to Any Brand WiFi?
He straight answer to this asked question is ‘Yes’, you can easily connect your Netgear WiFi range extender to any brand WiFi router. There are two methods that you can use to link extender to router; using Ethernet cable or through WPS button (if your router has WPS option).
Extender works as a booster to the internet signals that comes from the router. People use the range extender to expand their WiFi router range. They use extender because it is easily available, small in size and can connect with ease.
You can use that help from this down written section, that explain you, how to link your netgear extender to the router with wire and without wire. Then, you have to update its settings by accessing its Netgear interface using mywifiext.local through your computer.
How to Link Netgear Extender to Home Router?
This informative section contains two important parts of the Netgear setup that are hardware connectivity within extender and router, second is updating the extender’s settings through computer.
- You have to place your Netgear WiFi extender near to the home WiFi router.
- Just Locate the WAN port of the extender and LAN port of the router.
- Take Ethernet cable and insert its ends to the founded network devices ports.
- Now, it is time to turn the Netgear device on, by plugging it in wall socket and pressing power button on it.
To connect extender with the router wirelessly, you just have to turn on the Netgear device and press the WPS button (if given) on the router. After that hit the WPS button on the extender. Both the devices will connect t each other automatically.
After completing the hardware setup, you have to access the Netgear interface and update the extender’s settings and networks. Down given section will help you to log in to the interface.
Updating Settings And Networks
Now, it is the time to access the interface of the Netgear WiFi range extender and adjust its settings and update the networks.
- The first thing to start with is linking your computer or laptop to the WiFi range extender via LAN cable.
- Search login URL mywifiext.local or IP address 192.168.1.1 in the web browser of the computer.
- URL or IP will take you to the login interface page, where you have to type in login credentials.
- These login details are given in the Netgear WiFi range extender user manual.
- Just note the details and enter them on the page. Then, click on the NEXT button to go into the interface dashboard.
Here, on the dashboard, you can easily adjust the settings and update the networks. Also, if you want to update the extender system in future, you can do it from this interface dashboard.
Last Words And Lines
In this article, you have got the answers of above asked question that is ‘can Netgear extender connect to any brand WiFi router’. You have been answered ‘Yes’. After that, you learned how to connect the Netgear WiFi range extender to your home router via Ethernet cable. Then at the end of the article, you have seen how to adjust the settings and networks of extender using mywifiext login interface through your compu