How can I pay my road tax online in Punjab? Many people have been asking this question since the government has made it mandatory that all vehicles must be registered online. This article will answer this question and discuss how you can pay your road tax online in Punjab.
How can I pay my road tax online in Punjab?
- Log in to the official website of RTO Punjab.
- Select the option ‘Paying Road Tax Online’.
- Enter your vehicle registration number and click on ‘View Vehicle Details’.
- Now, enter your vehicle details, such as make, model, year of manufacturing etc. and click on the ‘Submit Information button.
- Once you complete this process successfully, you will get a unique payment link which can be used to pay road tax online in Punjab by logging into its official portal page at http://rtopunjabonline.gov.in/epayroadtax/.
Register at Parivahan online portal
Before making a road tax payment online, you’ll need to register at the Punjab Parivahan website.
- Go to www.parivahanonline.com/
- Click on “New User?” under “Login”
- Enter your name, address, vehicle registration number, and mobile number in the appropriate fields
- Provide a valid email address (this is required for verification purposes)
- Select whether or not you want to save your password by clicking one of two radio buttons (“Yes” or “No”) and then click Submit.
A login ID and password are generated.
After you have registered at www.parivahan.gov.in, you will be provided with a login ID and password to access the payment portal on the website. In addition, you will be asked to provide your name, email address, mobile number and other details like your PAN card number and bank account number for verification purposes before availing of this facility. Once you have created an account, you can log in from anywhere to pay online for your road tax renewal.
Go to parivahan.gov.in
- To pay your road tax online in Punjab, navigate to the website at parivahan.gov.in.
- The home page will display various options on the left-hand side of the screen, including the “Log In” and “Register Now” buttons. Click on the login button to open a new window with your details already filled in. Enter your username and password here—you’ll use this same information every time you log in!
- Once you’ve logged in successfully, click “Online Payment” under “My Account.” You’ll see several payment options listed here:
Log in with the given credentials.
- Go to the official website of the Punjab Road Transport Authority (PRTA) at [https://www.punjabrauta.gov.in](https://www.punjabrauta.gov.in)
- Click on the “Report Online” link, which will direct you to a new page where you need to fill up all the details related to your vehicle and submit them with correct spelling and capitalization.
- You can also choose “Re-register Vehicle” if yours is not in their database or has been sold/exchanged since the last registration.
Once you have entered all the necessary information, click on the “Submit Application” button.
Navigate to the Taxes & Fees tab
To pay your road tax online payment, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the Taxes & Fees tab.
- Select the Registration of Motor Vehicle option under Taxes & Fees.
- Enter the registration number of your vehicle in the box provided and click on Submit button.
Select the Registration of Motor Vehicle option under Taxes & Fees
To pay your road tax, navigate to the Taxes & Fees tab on the Punjab Govt website. Here you will see an option called Registration of Motor Vehicle, in which you need to enter your registration number and make the payment.
The site will then display a confirmation message that states that your payment has been received and registered successfully.
Enter the registration number of the vehicle
To pay your road tax online, you need to enter the vehicle’s registration number. This is also known as its chassis number and can be found on your vehicle registration certificate. The registration number is a unique serial code assigned to each vehicle registered under specific jurisdiction. It may take up to three days for this process to be completed, but once it is done, you will receive an SMS informing you that your payment has been completed successfully.
The payment can be made through debit, credit cards, or net banking.
You can pay your road tax online in Punjab through the following methods:
- Debit and credit cards.
- Net banking.
- The online portal.
- The app.
- The toll-free number (is 1800-258-3333).
- Click Open
You can also use these channels to enquire about your payment status, if you have any doubts about it, or just for general information about the registration process.
You can pay your road tax online in Punjab by visiting the official website of the transport department. The process of producing the road tax is simple and convenient. All you need to do is fill in your vehicle registration number, contact numbers etc., upload a scanned copy of your Vehicle Tax Receipt or Form no 16 from last year’s challan and follow a few steps to make payment through an e-wallet or credit card. Moreover, you are also allowed to pay at any of these banks: Punjab National Bank, Allied Bank Limited, Bank Of Baroda and Union Bank Of India.