LG has introduced the V60 ThinQ 5G, successor of last year’s V50 ThinQ 5G. It is powered by Snapdragon 865 with Snapdragon X55 5G Modem, is powered by a bigger 6.8-inch FHD+ OLED screen, has dual rear cameras with 13MP 117° super wide-angle, 64MP standard and a time of flight (ToF) sensor array. It has an 10-megapixel front camera. The phone runs Android 10, features brand-new, high-performance microphones, Voice Bokeh, a feature that separates users’ voices from background noise, allowing content creators to place more focus on the subject while reducing excess noise.
The company has added LG 3D Sound Engine, an audio processing technology first introduced on LG OLED TVs. This recognizes the type of content and optimizes the sound accordingly for a more cinematic quality. The phone packs a 5,000mAh battery and features metal and glass body.
The company has also introduced a new Dual Screen accessory for the phone to add a second 6.8-inch OLED (2460 x 1080 pixels) FHD+ display along with a 2.05-inch (256ｘ64 pixels) PMOLED Mono cover display to always display key information for easy access at a glance or configure it to time out after 10 seconds. It connects via USB Type-C and uses the phone’s power to run. This has 360 Freestop Hinge to make multitasking, productivity, gaming and entertainment easy.
LG V50 ThinQ specifications
- 6.8-inch (2460 x 1080 pixels) FHD+ 20.5:9 FullVision P-OLED Display, HDR10+
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU with Snapdragon X55 5G Modem
- 8GB LPDDR4x RAM, 128GB / 256GB storage, expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- Android 10
- 64MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, 0.8µm pixel size, 78° lens, 13MP super wide camera with f/1.9 aperture, 1.0µm pixel size, 117° lens, Z Camera (ToF Receiver / Emitter)
- 10MP front camera, f/1.9 aperture, 1.22μm pixel size, 72.5° lens
- In-Display Fingerprint Sensor
- Water, dust resistant (IP68), MIL-STD 810G certified
- 3.5mm audio jack, 32-bit Hi-Fi Quad DAC, Stereo Speaker, 4Ch Microphones, LG 3D Sound Engine, FM Radio
- Dimensions:169.3 x 77.6 x 8.9mm; Weight: 214g
- 5G, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.1 LE, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C (3.1 compatible)
- 5,000mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+
The LG V50 ThinQ comes in Classy Blue and Classy White colors and will roll out in North America, Europe and Asia starting next month. No word on the pricing yet.