I am a citizen of Gujarat, India. I want to renew my driving license in Ahmedabad. I have heard that you must go through some steps to apply for a new driving license. This article will discuss how you can renew your driving license in Gujarat?
My driving license is expired in Gujarat.
If your driving license has expired and you want to renew it, you can do so by following the steps below.
- By post
- At RTO
I am a citizen of Gujarat, India.
You can apply for your driving license renewal in Gujarat only if you are a citizen of Gujarat. In addition, you must be over 18 years old to apply for the renewal of your driving licence in Ahmedabad. You must also have a valid driving license, Aadhaar Card and bank account with enough balance to pay the renewal fee. In addition, you should have a working mobile number that will be used for sending OTPs when you apply online. If all these criteria are met for you, then below is how you can renew your driving license:
How do I renew my driving license?
If you are looking for how to renew your driving license in Gujarat, first, let me tell you that you can do it online. There is no need to go to the RTO office and wait in long queues if you have a valid e-mail ID and password because now everything has changed with the introduction of the online system at RTOs.
However, if you are not able or willing to renew your driving license online or don’t have an internet connection, then there is another way by which one can get their document renewed offline as well. First, you must visit a nearby RTO office near your residence and restore your driving licence by submitting all the required documents and the fee mentioned on their official website (www.gujaratrafficpoliceonlineregistration.com). Once everything is done successfully, and they have accepted your application then only will they issue out a brand new document, but firstly, look out for further information from us:
How can I find my driver’s license number online?
- how to find my driver’s license number online
- Visit the official website of the state transport authority.
- Please enter your name, date of birth and other details to log in to their website.
- Click on the option that says “Check Driving Licence Status” or something similar, depending on your state (it will be different for each state).
- On this page, there are two tabs: one is labelled “New Registration”, and another one is labelled “Existing Registration” with a dropdown menu next to it that has names like “Driver’s Licence” or “Driving License” selected by default when you open this page (again this depends on which state you live in). Select either one based on whether or not you already have a license number stored with them (you may need to go back through previous steps if not). If you select “Driver’s Licence”, then select yes when asked whether or not your details are correct; otherwise, select no because, after all, we’re trying to find out what number was initially given to me! Now enter all necessary information into those fields required, including DOB etc., but don’t worry about entering anything else just yet – we’ll come back later! The result should show up immediately at the top right corner showing some information such as type of license issued (e-challan), date issued/expiry date etc., along with its corresponding serial numbers such as DLNO & GNRO etc… If everything else matches up then copy down those numbers before proceeding further so that we can use them later when applying for our new driving license through whatever medium possible available within our jurisdiction – via post office perhaps? Or even at local police stations, which sometimes provide these services free of charge due to limited resources available during busy hours…
All the citizens of Gujarat can apply for a new driving license.
The driving license is the official permit issued by the government of your state which allows you to drive a vehicle on the road within that state. Every citizen should know how to renew their driving license to use it without problems.
Driving License Number
A valid Driving License number consists of 10 digits. The first digit indicates if it’s a permanent or temporary license, depending on whether it starts with 1 or 2 respectively (temporary).
Well, you can renew your driving license online or also offline. For example, you can restore your driving license in Gujarat Ahmedabad through the official portal of the transport department. The process for the renewal of a driving license is straightforward.
Please note that you will have to pay a fee of Rs. 1750/- for renewing your driving licence in Gujarat Ahmedabad. You can pay by cash or cheque at any branch of State Bank Of India (SBI) in Ahmedabad city or district area only. However, if payment is made through a credit card, then it will be accepted only at select branches,