HMD Global has launched the Nokia 2.3, the company’s latest budget Android One smartphone and the successor of Nokia 2.2 in India, after it was introduced earlier this month and teased last week. It packs a 6.2-inch HD+ screen, is powered by MediaTek Helio A22 12nm SoC with 2GB RAM, runs Android 9.0 (Pie) with 2 years of Android and 3 years of security updates, has a 13-megapixel rear camera with AI low-light feature, HDR, secondary 2-megapixel depth sensing camera for Portrait Mode, ‘Recommended Shot’ feature that automatically captures alternate images before and after the shutter button is pressed and suggests the best one.
It has a 5-megapixel camera on the front with support for Face Unlock, but it doesn’t have a fingerprint sensor. The phone also comes with a dedicated Google Assistant Button, has dedicated dual SIM and microSD slots, features 3D nano-textured cover. “Advanced structural engineering made it possible to integrate the dual camera and flash into the rear of the phone without a camera bump. Inner high-precision diecast aluminium chassis makes the structure solid and rigid protecting all the components inside,” said the company. It packs a 4000mAh battery that promises 2 days of battery life.
Nokia 2.3 specifications
- 6.2-inch (720 x 1520 pixels) HD+ 19:9 aspect ratio 2.5D curved glass display
- 2GHz Quad-Core MediaTek Helio A22 12nm processor with IMG PowerVR GE-class GPU
- 2GB RAM, 32GB storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Dual SIM
- Android 9.0 (Pie), upgradable to Android 10
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash, f/2.2 aperture, 2MP secondary camera
- 5MP front-facing camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 3.5 mm headphone jack, FM Radio
- Dimensions: 157.69 x 75.41 x 8.68mm; Weight: 183g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS + GLONASS, micro USB
- 4000mAh battery
The Nokia 2.3 comes in Cyan Green, Sand and Charcoal colors, is priced at Rs. 8199 and will be available from December 27th from nokia.com and authorised retail stores, Croma, Reliance, Sangeetha, Poorvika, Big C, and MyG outlets across the country. It also offers one-year replacement guarantee covering hardware defects, in addition to a 6-month warranty on the accessories.