Sony just announced Xperia 1 II (Pronounced Mark 2), the company’s latest flagship smartphone and its first 5G smartphone at an online event. It packs the same 6.5-inch 21:9 CinemaWide 4K HDR display offering bright colors with BRAVIA X1 for mobile as the predecessor, but is powered by Snapdragon 865 with 8GB of RAM and has support for sub-6GHz 5G. It packs triple rear cameras that includes 12-megapixel main camera with f/1.7 aperture, OIS, 12-megapixel ultra-wide sensor, 12-megapixel telephoto lens with OIS for 2x loss-less zoom, and there is also a 3D iToF (indirect Time-of-Flight) sensor.
The phone also features ZEISS optics with T* (T-Star) anti-reflective coating to enhance the quality of images and deliver the best photography experience and the company says that it is the world’s first smartphone with up to 20fps AF/AE tracking burst and 5G connectivity for a complete creative entertainment experience. The Cinema Pro, powered by CineAlta offers 21:9 Movie recording in 4K HDR that promises best results — even in backlit scenes or low light. It has Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection on the front and the back, side-mounted fingerprint sensor and packs a 4,000mAh battery.
Sony Xperia 1 II specifications
- 6.5-inch (1644x3840pixels) 4K OLED HDR Display with 21:9 aspect ratio, 100% DCI-P3 color gamut, X1 for mobile, Motion Blur Reduction, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 8GB RAM, 256GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 1TB via microSD card
- Android 10
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 12MP rear camera with Exmor RS sensor, 1/1.7″ sensor, f/1.7 aperture, Hybrid OIS/EIS, 12MP f/2.2 aperture 1/2.55″ 135° ultra wide-angle, 12MP f/2.4 aperture 1/3.4″ 34° telephoto lens, Hybrid OIS/EIS, 2x optical zoom, 960 fps Super slow motion, 3D iToF sensor
- 8MP front-facing camera with 1/ 4″ Exmor RS sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 1.12μm pixel size, 84° wide-angle lens
- 3.5mm audio jack, Stereo speaker, Dolby Atmos, DSEE Ultimate, Stereo Recording, Qualcomm aptX HD audio
- Side-mounted Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 166 × 72 × 7.9mm; Weight: 181g
- Water Resistant (IP65/IP68)
- 5G (sub-6GHz) / 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz) 2 x 2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/ GLONASS, NFC, USB 3.1 Type-C
- 4000mAh Battery with 21W USB-PD fast charging, Qi Wireless charging
The Sony Xperia 1 II comes in Black, White and Purple colors and will roll out staring from late Spring 2020.