The Election Commission of Gujarat (ECG) is responsible for conducting free and fair elections to the state legislative assembly. The state government has also issued guidelines for voter registration in the state. Applicants can apply online for a Voter ID card in Gujarat at the official website of the State Election Commission.
What is a Voter ID Card?
A voter ID Card is identity proof for the citizens of India. It is issued by the Election Commission of India (ECI) to all Indian citizens above 18 years of age residing in their respective constituencies with their current address. Applying for a Voter ID card can be completed online or offline. Still, if you choose to use offline, you will have to visit your nearest Booth Level Officer (BLO) office and submit all relevant documents required for registration as a voter to get your Voter ID Card.
Once you receive your Voter ID Card from ECI, ensure that you keep it safe and handy during elections regarding voting day(s)!
Voter ID Card – State Election Commission, Gujarat
The Voter ID card is a mandatory document for every citizen of India. It is a proof of identity that allows you to cast your vote in elections and other polls conducted by the Indian government. The Election Commission of India maintains this database, which they conduct elections with transparency and accuracy. Every year, they update it with new data from various sources such as driving licenses and passport applications.
In case you want to register either an existing voter or yourself as one before an election takes place, there are different ways through which you can get this done quickly without much hassle:
Gujarat Voter ID Card Online Apply
You can get a voter id card download online in Gujarat by following the steps below:
- Go to the official website of the Election Commission of India.
- Click on “Online Registration” in the menu bar and then click on “Gujarat” under that.
- Fill out all the required information, including your name, address, location code (if applicable), mobile number and email ID. You can also add a message if you like at this point.
- Review all your details carefully before submitting them for processing.
How do you fill voter id form?
How to fill voter ID card:
- Before filling up the form, check if you have all the required documents. Take a printout of your photo and signature on A4 size paper and attach it with the filled-up form and other documents mentioned in the checklist.
- Fill in the details related to identity, address proof and others in a legible manner as per instructions given in Form 19 and Form 20, respectively shown below:
- Identity Proof (Form 19) – This document must contain your photograph issued by central/state government or other statutory authority like passport office/employee identity card/driving license issued by transport department etc., which should bear your name & address as mentioned on electoral roll record
- Address Proof (Form 20) – Any one document from a list of prescribed documents is required for this purpose
Steps to Apply Online for Voter ID Card in Gujarat:
- Fill out the form and upload the required documents with your photograph and signature, then click on the ‘Submit’ button to proceed further.
- Pay the application fee as per your category, if applicable (see table of prices above) using a debit card or credit card (Visa or MasterCard) or net banking facility for which the account holder has been issued a debit card by any bank in India (or) by providing a valid Visa Electron Debit Card or Maestro Credit Card issued by any bank in India having an Indian Address (and not from a foreign country), after completing all other formalities mentioned above under sub headings 1 to 7 while applying online through “Apply Online” link available at this website www. gujaratvoteridcardonlinefillingupformeetformmahavirvoteridcardonlineapplywapsiteaspirantgetecheckstatusvoteridvalidityperiodexamplercard
Documents Required for Online Registration in Gujarat :
The Election Commission of Gujarat has provided an easy way to register as a voter. All you need is your Voter ID card or any of the following documents: Voter ID Card, Passport, PAN Card, Aadhar Card, Driving License, Job Card and Ration Card etc. You can also register through the official website of ECI.
Documents Required for Online Registration in Gujarat :
- Any one of the following documents can be submitted for online registration:
- Voter ID Card issued by State Election Commission/ District Election Officer on behalf of ECP;
- Passport having serial number;
- PAN card having serial number;
- Aadhar card having Enrolment ID (EID) printed on it;
- Note: If you submit any fake document or wrong information during the submission process, then your application will be rejected immediately, and you won’t get any notification regarding rejection
Track Status of your Application for Voter ID Card in Gujarat :
You can check the status of your application via SMS or through an Android app. For example, if you have applied for a voter ID card via SMS, you need to send an SMS to 53733 with the subject “Status” and a message containing “Voter Card” in it. Your registered mobile number will be used as a username, and your password is 123456789.
- Track the status of your application
You can track the status of your application online by logging into https://eci-vidwan.nic.in/. Here, you need to provide all necessary details, such as name, address etc., so that I can verify them before proceeding further with any request made by you related to any query that may arise during this process.
As the name suggests, the Voter ID Card is a card that the Election Commission issues. It must be carried with you on election day and is mandatory for casting your vote. The voter list in Gujarat is updated every year based on census data and other information like birth certificates etc. If there are any errors in the voter list, they can be corrected online or via post. You can also apply online for a new Voter ID Card if yours has been lost or stolen.
Go For Driving License Process: Click Here